“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” (Jeremiah 29:11).
Those plans do not include stress and worry about the issues in our lives. God really wants us to trust His love for us, as well as His commitment to be our Heavenly Father. Who knows better than He what it means to “Be” our Heavenly Father? He has pledged to care for us and even signed on the dotted line with the blood of His beloved and precious Son, Jesus Christ.
God’s original plan for us was to dwell in the stress-free environment of the Garden of Eden, while enjoying a loving relationship with Him. Genesis 2:16-17 says,
But the LORD God warned him, “You may freely eat the fruit of every tree in the garden – except the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. If you eat its fruit, you are sure to die.” Adam’s decision to disobey God did not position him and the rest of us to just automatically enjoy a stress-free life. Now, we must put forth the effort to live stress-free.
Jesus asked in Matthew 6:27, “Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his lifespan? How often does Jesus have to substitute Martha’s name with our names and say to us what He said to her in Luke 10:41– “Martha, Martha,” the Lord replied, “you are worried and upset about many things?”
12 Verses for Stress-free Living
It is DEFINITELY possible to free our minds of anything which troubles us if we just follow God’s directives found in His Holy Word. Such verses to aid us in living stress-free” are:
- Matthew 6:34– “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.
- Philippians 4:6 –Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done.
- 1 Peter 5:7– Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you.
Yes, “all” is such a tiny word to encompass such a giant-sized invitation, yet God means ALL…each and every single concern (even concerns you have that are not reasonable to others—yes, even those concerns)!
God knows that we cannot focus on obeying His will and Word if we are consumed with our own worries. Other verses to aid us are:
- Psalm 37:5–Commit everything you do to the LORD. Trust Him, and He will help you.
- Psalm 55:22– Give your burdens to the LORD, and He will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall.
- Psalm 23:1-The LORD is my shepherd; I have all that I need.
- Psalm 34:9–O fear the LORD, you His saints; For to those who fear Him there is no want.
- Psalm 34:10-…But they who seek the LORD shall not be in want of any good thing.
- Psalm 84:11-…the LORD bestows favor and honor. No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly.
- Matthew 7:11–So if you who are evil know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!
- Romans 8:32–Since He did not spare even His own Son but gave Him up for us all, won’t He also give us everything else?
- Psalm 34:15– The eyes of the LORD watch over those who do right; His ears are open to their cries for help.
We must also note that Jesus said in Luke 10:42, “There is only one thing worth being concerned about. Mary has discovered it, and it will not be taken away from her.” Minister Matthew Henry explains, “For one thing is needful, this one thing that she has done, to give up herself to the guidance of Christ. The things of this life will be taken away from us, at the furthest, when we shall be taken away from them; but nothing shall separate from the love of Christ, and a part in that love.”*
So stop stressing and worrying, and live stress-free!” God Bless!
[*] – Matthew Henry Concise Commentary on the Whole Bible. Accessed 9/27.
Photo, © Aaron Burden, c/o Creation Swap.