Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you – Philippians 4:9
No matter which stage of life one is in, persistence will usually secure the desired experience. Whether it is an infant crying for a bottle, a child who is begging his parent for a particular toy, a teenager who asks to borrow the car, or one spouse entreating the other, all will find that being persistent will eventually gain the desired attention. Well, just as we are determined to acquire certain items or favors, we must be even more determined and persistent in what we demonstrate through our lives.
Determination, perseverance, resolve, diligence and tenacity are just some of the words that define persistence, and these must be our aim in living for Jesus each day. Here are 7 steps to living a life of persistence through Jesus Christ:
- We will arise to each new day with the desire to be a Holy Vessel for His Glory. Philippians 4:1-Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters stay true to the Lord. 4-Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again—rejoice!
- We won’t allow any challenge to deter us from living for Jesus. Philippians 4:6-Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done.
- We will be mindful of the thoughts which we allow to linger in our minds, and we will only embrace those thoughts which motivate us to live even the more for Jesus Christ. Philippians 4:8-Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.
- We will strive to obey Jesus, no matter how others treat us, talk about or ridicule us. Philippians 4:5-Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. 7-Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
- We must display the Spirit of Christ through our lives each day. We can’t just talk about being Christians, Followers of Jesus Christ, or Sons or Daughters of the Great High God, but we must truly live the Christian life. Philippians 4:9-Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you. Hebrews 12:14 (NIV) – Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord. And Colossians 4:6 (ESV)-Let your speech always be gracious…
- We share with others the joy and benefits of living persistent lives as Christians. John 20:21 – As the Father has sent Me, so also I am sending you.
- We find that as we mature in the Lord, all that God requires of us not only advances the testimony of His Holy Kingdom, but also enriches our own lives. 1 Peter 1:8(NLT) – You love Him even though you have never seen Him. Though you do not see Him now, you trust Him; and you rejoice with a glorious, inexpressible joy. John 14:27(NLT) – I am leaving you with a gift-peace of mind and heart.
Jesus wants us to share with the world the sweet truth of how He forgives us, no matter what we have done, and that we can do and complete whatever task He gives us. Better than milk, persistence in living for Jesus does the body, mind and spirit good.
There is nothing like it- the satisfaction of knowing that the Father is pleased with us, loves us unconditionally and displays His faithful love to us each moment of our lives. Thank you God for the invitation, and for the ability to live for Your glory and for the betterment of our lives both here and in the hereafter.
We Love You Lord! We Praise You Lord! We honor and bless Your Holy Name! God bless you my beloved Kingdom sisters and brothers!
Dr. Tonya Lewis has been a member of West Angeles Church of God In Christ for over 40 years. She serves on-staff as the Executive Director of Bereavement Ministries. She holds both Honorary Doctorate and Earned Doctorate degrees. Dr. Lewis has been teaching the Overcomer’s Bible Fellowship for over 34 years at West Angeles, along with other teaching venues.
Hear Patrick Lundy & The Ministers of Music perform “DETERMINED” –