Presiding Bishop Charles Edward Blake, Sr. shares the benefits of allowing God to use our lives for His purpose.
Isaiah 1:19 (NKJV) If you are willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land.
Why does God want to use us? Why has God chosen us for this day? Haven’t we messed up too much already to receive His Blessings? No. God knows we’re frail; God knows we’re weak. But God has also blessed us with certain blessings, and He has still called each of us to do His Will.
- God wants us to have the joy of creating. He wants us to have the joy of bringing something new and wonderful into existence.
- God wants us to have the joy of impacting our world for Jesus Christ.
- God wants us to have the joy of doing something that will bring glory to the name of God.
- God wants to use us because there are certain things that His justice will permit Him to give only in response to our faithfulness.
- God has already given us His best.
God blesses us all every day of our lives. Still, there are some blessings which are conditional upon our obedience, things that are conditional upon our sacrifice. In Revelation 2:10, the Lord says, “Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.” Only if we are obedient, only if we make the sacrifice will God bring the fullness of His Blessings into our lives.
Adapted from the sermon, “Of Your Own, We Have Given You,” July 26th, 2015, by Presiding Bishop Charles E. Blake, Sr. at West Angeles Church Of God In Christ.
LOOKING TO RELIVE THE JOY OF PAST SERMONS AND WEST ANGELES EVENTS? Purchase this full sermon and others, as well as the entire “Bishop Blake’s 75th Birthday Celebration” on DVD at the West Angeles Emporium! 3021 Crenshaw Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90016; Phone:(323) 731-3012.