West Angeles Boy Scouts
The Boy Scout Troop is a youth ministry that strives to empower young men to develop strong moral character and teaches young boys how to live as Godly men. Stregthening knowledge in God assists our men in pursuing success in every area of life. The youth ministry cultivates social skills, including teaching different cultures to prepare the young men for the diversity of the world. The Boy Scout Troop supplements and reinforces their primary education and skills through tutorial and other specialized programs. We believe all men should have knowledge of various skill sets therefore, vocation training and techniques are also available.
We arm these young men to resist the influence of a godless society and teach then to be the “light” and leaders in any environment. Our endeavor is to cultivate the gifts that God has given them and equip these young men to be Disciples of Christ.
The objective of our Troop is to build character, inner strength and self-reliance in the lives of these young men. They experience prayer, camping, hiking, fishing, first aid training, and useful skills with family and community involvement.
Tiger, Cub Scouts, Webelos and Boy Scouts meet on the 1st and 3rd Friday of each month at 7 P.M. in the West Angeles C.O.G.I.C. Youth Center.
- Attend two Scout meetings per month – Inform your leader if you plan to be absent.
- Participate in unit activities.
- Fees and dues must be current.
- Uniforms must be clean and complete.
- Obey all Troop Basic Rules, Scouting cadre, Patrol Leaders and supporting Personnel.
- Participate in fundraisers.
- Must wear class “B” t-shirts to outing.