“Ministry, when ministered in love, brings Jesus into the ‘now’ of people’s lives. If we trust Him, there’s no limit to what we can do” –Presiding Bishop Charles Edward Blake
The West Angeles Counseling Center offers Bible-based services, programs and classes which provide spiritual support to you and your family both in times of abundance and in times of trial. Through the gospel of Jesus Christ, our Christian counseling combines modern methods of counseling with scriptural principles, using biblical truths as the reference point for integration.
Established in 1988 as a ministry of West Angeles Church of God In Christ, the West Angeles Counseling Center, under the visionary leadership of Presiding Bishop Charles E. Blake Sr. and Dr. Paula Litt, addresses and supports the emotional well-being of individuals, couples, and families. We provide the tools to improve the mental health of both individuals and families.
Our classes, programs and initiatives can help you to:
- Keep your marriage strong – Receive the tools needed to strengthen your relationship, before and after the wedding.
- Nurture the family – Our programs edify the whole family, and can help you strengthen the mental health of the children and youth in your life.
- Deal with life’s trials – Our programs include Christ-centered counseling and support for dealing with issues such as substance abuse, mental illness and more; for individuals, families and groups.
- Get Connected – Good interpersonal relationships promote good mental health. Develop the tools to build healthy friendships, good working relationships, and a healthy work-life balance.
- Equip your ministry – The West Angeles Counseling Center is a Certified Academic Institution for the National Christian Counselors Association. We offer ministerial testing and evaluation programs for those who are called to ministry, and we can also help your church gather the resources to better serve your community.
The West Angeles Counseling Center utilizes an integrated treatment which combines traditional psychological approaches and spiritual interventions. Family therapy and involvement are essential to our holistic approach. Our methods of treatment consider the aspects of spirit, soul, and body.
What makes us unique:
- Formal “integrated” model of therapy
- Fully credentialed/licensed and insured staff
- Formal “collaboration” with other community providers
- HIPPA Compliant (with electronic records and referral database)
- Certified as a National Academic Training Site
Classes and Mentoring Groups
Some of our classes and support groups which support healthy marriages and families include:
Manhood to Fatherhood
Married Couples for Christ
Free ‘N One Drug and Alcohol Recovery
Hours of Operation
Counseling sessions are by appointment only. We are located at 3017 Crenshaw Blvd Los Angeles, California 90016. Our hours of operation are:
- Monday/Tuesday/Thursday 10:00 A.M. – 9:00 P.M.
- Wednesday/Friday 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.
- Saturday 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M.
Please call: (323) 737-7463 to set up your session. You do not have to be a West Angeles member.