We are blessed with infinitely greater opportunities than black people anywhere on the face of the earth. But we are blessed that we might reach out to those less fortunate, and to lift them and help them. We cannot be satisfied to be in a community that’s blessed and prosperous until we reach out and bless everyone in that community.
I pray that, in this season, every one of us will stand upon our watch, and that we’ll go to God and pray:
‘God, I just don’t want to stand by. I want to have a positive impact on life on earth; I want to have a positive impact on my children, on my family, on my community. God, show me what you would have me to do show me what direction you would have me to go.’
As Presiding Bishop of the Church of God in Christ, I’ve asked every one of our 12,000 churches across the world to incorporate into their operations five areas of emphasis. We call this the Church of God In Christ Urban Initiatives.
The five areas are:
1. Education – Includes mentoring, tutoring, and Christian education
2. Economic Development – We offer job training, employment counseling and assistance, and entrepreneurship programs
3. Crime Prevention – We’ve developed alternative programs to proactively keep young people out of a life of crime, and to create collaborative relationships with law enforcement
4. Family – We’ve created programs to strengthen the family with a special emphasis on the role of fathers
5. Financial Literacy – Includes programs for both young people and adults
Some of the best leaders in our denomination have been assigned to lead the success of these programs across the nation. If every church has these five areas at work, there will be 60,000 programs in inner city America impacting our nation, impacting our communities, impacting the cities of our nation. West Angeles Church of God In Christ has all five of these areas well covered, and we must expand even more.
We need your gifts, your skills, and your involvement, and we look forward to working with you. We are Blessed to be a Blessing.
Bishop Charles E. Blake, Sr.
Church of God in Christ, Inc.
GET INVOLVED WITH WEST ANGELES
- For financial literacy, economic development, and community assistance programs, PLEASE CONTACT: The West Angeles Community Development Corporation at (323) 751-3440. Please click HERE for more information. http://www.westangelescdc.org/
- For more on our family and personal development programs, PLEASE CONTACT: The West Angeles Counseling Center at (323) 737-7463 or (323) 733-8300×2360, [email protected] http://188.8.131.52/counseling-2/
- For our “Manhood 2 Fatherhood” sessions, please contact The West Angeles Counseling Center at (323) 737-7463. Please click HERE for more information. http://184.108.40.206/portfolio/manhood-to-fatherhood/
- For The Brotherhood Organization, please contact (323) 733-8300 http://220.127.116.11/the-brotherhood/
- For The Women’s Affairs Organization, SISTERS, and our other women’s initiatives, please call (323) 733-8300, or click below to access our complete ministries list.
- For more information on our adult and youth Christian Education Classes including The School of Practical Christian Living, Sunday School, and the West Angeles Bible College, please call (323) 733-8300.
- For college prep and Education Enrichment contact Deacon John Wilson at (323) 733-8300 x2628, 2629 [email protected] [email protected] http://18.104.22.168/education-enrichment/
- For West Angeles COGIC Ministries and Auxiliaries – For more information on all of West Angeles’ ministries and auxiliaries, including our Skid Row Ministry, the Prison Ministry and many others, please call 323 733-8300, or CLICK HERE for a complete list. http://22.214.171.124/ministries-departments/
“Building healthy individuals, families, and communities for a successful future.”
INTRODUCING I AM 2018 – Join us as we celebrate Dr. King’s legacy, renew our commitment to his vision, and train future leaders to accelerate our fight for economic justice and civil reform. Watch the video below, and please CLICK HERE to learn more.