3 Easy Pureed Soups for Consecration – Onions, garlic, and vegetable broth create a great base for soups.
If you can make a smoothie, then you can make tasty pureed soups too! It couldn’t be easier to make a hot, healthy, consecration-friendly meal (and ours are vegan too)! The 3 soups we’re featuring are: Creamy Tomato, Butternut Squash & Sweet Potato, and White Bean with Roasted Garlic.
Just follow our basic 4-step recipe “template”:
- Cook onions and garlic.
- Add vegetables, spices, and broth.
That’s it! Just swap out the vegetable combinations to create a whole new soup and season to your own tastes.
OUR 3 COMBINATIONS:
- Vegetables: Squash+Sweet Potatoes Spices: Nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, curry Garnish: parsley, cayenne pepper
- Vegetables: White beans+ Roasted Garlic Spices: Bay Leaf Garnish: basil, chopped nuts, grated vegan cheese
- Vegetables: Tomatoes+Roasted red peppers Spices: Italian herbs Garnish: Croutons, thyme, grated vegan cheese
3 Easy Pureed Soups for Consecration – Blend squashes with sweet potatoes to make a healthy, sweet, delicious pureed soup.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
Blender or food processor
Vegetable (chopped) or legume of choice
1 Chopped onion
2 Cloves of chopped garlic
2 Tablespoons of olive oil
4 Cups of vegetable broth
1/2 Cup non-dairy half-and-half
2 Teaspoons of lemon juice
Salt, pepper, additional seasonings of choice to taste (curry, ginger powder, cayenne or other powdered hot pepper, Italian seasoning blend, seasoned salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, thyme,)
- Add olive oil to pot; heat over medium flame. Add onion; saute until translucent. Add garlic; saute until lightly browned.
- Add vegetables, spices, and broth. Cover; cook over medium heat for 45 minutes-1 hour (check softness of harder vegetables; cook until softened).
- Let the soup mixture cool slightly; puree in batches in blender or food processor. Be sure to remove the center cap on the blender lid (or leave the food processor lid slightly ajar) to allow steam to escape.
- Return to pot to reheat. Stir in half-and-half and serve with garnishes (optional).
3 Easy Pureed Soups for Consecration – Use your favorite beans to create a tasty soup rich in protein.
- Grated vegan cheese
- Chopped walnuts, pecans, or cashews
- Raisins or cranberries
- Fresh herbs
Our combinations are rich in antioxidants, beta carotene, protein, and vitamins. Enjoy!
- For easy preparation, buy pre-chopped vegetables or canned beans. Chopped squashes, tomatoes, and garlic can be found near the fresh vegetable section of your supermarket.
- Prepare certain elements ahead of time. Roast vegetables for a more intense flavor. Just toss chopped vegetables in a bowl with olive oil, spread in a single layer on a cookie sheet, and roast at 375˚ for 20 minutes.
- Try a green version using spinach or Swiss chard as the featured vegetable.
- If you have a juicer and you love the taste of ginger, juice fresh ginger and add to the carrot-sweet potato soup.
- *For consecration-friendly croutons, use a cubed flourless bread such as the Food For Life range, and a buttery vegan spread such as Earth Balance. Melt the spread in a pan. Add cubed bread; toss and cover with the melted spread. Brown in pan sprinkle with additional seasonings (optional) and serve.
Photos (from top): Rawpixel, Aliona Gumeni, Monika Grabkowski and Cayla 1 for Unsplash.