This recipe was inspired by the Chicken Lettuce Wraps served at P.F. Chang’s. The texture is crunchy, the flavors are savory, and it’s healthy. This recipe is perfect to eat during the intended GREEN days of this Consecration Month. Download the Consecration Calendar. Enjoy!
1 (8 ounce / 227 gram) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
1/4 cup crushed peanuts, plus 2 tablespoons extra for garnish
3 green onions, finely sliced (reserve 2 tablespoons for garnish)
12 butter lettuce leaves
1 cup shredded carrot
Avocado or olive oil (about 3 tablespoons)
Cilantro, for garnish
1. Begin by preparing the sauce. Whisk together all of the sauce ingredients, and set aside.
2. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add in the oil. Once hot, add in the diced onions and saute for a few minutes until translucent and softened.
3. Add the ground chicken, and using a spoon or spatula, break it up in the pan into fine grounds. Cook for 5-6 minutes until cooked through and the liquid has evaporated.
4. Add in the garlic and the ginger, and stir those in for about 1-2 minutes to incorporate. Once aromatic, turn off the heat and add in the chopped water chestnuts and the 1/4 cup of crushed peanuts, and stir those in. Then, add in half of the sauce (about 1/2 a cup), and stir that into the chicken mixture.
6. To assemble, fill each butter lettuce leaf with a sprinkle of carrot, then some of the chicken filling, and top each with an extra sprinkle of green onion and crushed peanut, and some cilantro.
5. Sprinkle in most of the green onion (reserving some for the garnish), and stir that in.
7. Serve with the remainder of the sauce on the side (about 1/2 a cup) for a little extra drizzle over top.
https://westa.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/WATER-feat.png747864Karen Lascarishttps://westa.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/westalogo.pngKaren Lascaris2019-01-14 05:00:022019-01-12 18:15:44HEALTHY RECIPES: 5 Infused Water Blends to Hydrate You
https://westa.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/JUICE-berries.png1008673Karen Lascarishttps://westa.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/westalogo.pngKaren Lascaris2019-01-03 16:07:212019-01-17 19:08:268 Healthy Juice Recipes for Consecration
https://westa.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Screen-Shot-2018-12-27-at-11.28.03-PM.png15882070Karen Lascarishttps://westa.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/westalogo.pngKaren Lascaris2018-12-30 00:00:512019-01-04 09:20:33The 2019 West Angeles Consecration Is Here
https://westa.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/I-AM-2018-pray.jpg4831100Karen Lascarishttps://westa.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/westalogo.pngKaren Lascaris2018-03-28 01:20:452018-03-28 06:19:26I AM 2018: Your Daily Prayer of Commitment
We're entering the annual January Consecration, which is always a great time to begin a healthier lifestyle. We've compiled some popular fruit and vegetable juice and smoothie combinations to inspire you. Try these, or create your own!
https://westa.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/JUICE-feat.png9371500logicalEVANhttps://westa.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/westalogo.pnglogicalEVAN2018-01-02 17:30:222018-01-03 14:51:0410 Healthy Juicing and Smoothie Recipes for Consecration