This recipe was inspired by the Chicken Lettuce Wraps served at P.F. Chang’s. The texture is crunchy, the flavors are savory, and it’s healthy. This recipe is perfect to eat during the intended GREEN days of this Consecration Month. Download the Consecration Calendar. Enjoy!
1 (8 ounce / 227 gram) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
1/4 cup crushed peanuts, plus 2 tablespoons extra for garnish
3 green onions, finely sliced (reserve 2 tablespoons for garnish)
12 butter lettuce leaves
1 cup shredded carrot
Avocado or olive oil (about 3 tablespoons)
Cilantro, for garnish
1. Begin by preparing the sauce. Whisk together all of the sauce ingredients, and set aside.
2. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add in the oil. Once hot, add in the diced onions and saute for a few minutes until translucent and softened.
3. Add the ground chicken, and using a spoon or spatula, break it up in the pan into fine grounds. Cook for 5-6 minutes until cooked through and the liquid has evaporated.
4. Add in the garlic and the ginger, and stir those in for about 1-2 minutes to incorporate. Once aromatic, turn off the heat and add in the chopped water chestnuts and the 1/4 cup of crushed peanuts, and stir those in. Then, add in half of the sauce (about 1/2 a cup), and stir that into the chicken mixture.
6. To assemble, fill each butter lettuce leaf with a sprinkle of carrot, then some of the chicken filling, and top each with an extra sprinkle of green onion and crushed peanut, and some cilantro.
5. Sprinkle in most of the green onion (reserving some for the garnish), and stir that in.
7. Serve with the remainder of the sauce on the side (about 1/2 a cup) for a little extra drizzle over top.
Today, the need for prayer and fasting is more important than ever. Our world is in a crisis: we are facing a viral epidemic, political strife, violence, injustice, immorality. If we are to hear from God, then prayer, fasting, and consecration is necessary in order to bring us closer to Him. To Pray means to speak to God; it is an act of worship.
https://westa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/FAST-final.jpg600900Karen Lascarishttps://westa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/westa_Logo_rec.pngKaren Lascaris2020-03-27 00:14:532020-04-07 02:26:43Why We Must Fast
https://westa.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/infused-detox-water-with-cucumber-lemon-and-lime-PHBGACX.jpg509763Karen Lascarishttps://westa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/westa_Logo_rec.pngKaren Lascaris2020-01-01 11:00:022020-03-16 12:59:30HEALTHY RECIPES: 5 Infused Water Blends to Hydrate You
https://westa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/westangeleschurch_Consecration_2020_Lin-2.jpg400698nmoore1017https://westa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/westa_Logo_rec.pngnmoore10172020-01-01 09:42:592020-01-07 10:35:47Consecration Month is Here