God Says, “You Matter.” Here’s Why He Created You.
MAT·TER (madər/ noun) – Physical substance in general, as distinct from mind and spirit; that which occupies space
Matter is everything around us, down to the smallest atom and up to the largest star and beyond. It’s defined as anything that has a physical existence, and that, of course, includes us, too .
In six days, God created the miracle of the universe, the earth, and all of its inhabitants. One well-known passage of scripture says that there’s an appointed time for every matter under heaven. Another says that God created everything for a purpose. In some translations of the Bible, “matter” is replaced by “purpose,” which means that, like the billions of particles, elements, and other forms of matter in the universe, each of us has a purpose too.
God has shown us throughout the ages that the miraculous can also be achieved by those who access His power for His purpose:
- In the book of Genesis, God gave Joseph a dream. And in spite of Joseph’s trials and tribulations, he believed. And his dreams came true.
- In Judges 16:28-30, a blinded Samson called to God for strength and single-handedly defeated a corrupt government.
- In the book of Esther, a young woman foils the plot which would have exterminated her people.
- David, an over-looked shepherd boy, destroyed a fierce enemy-of-the- people in 1 Samuel 17, after those who’d been trained for the job retreated in fear.
- And Jesus, a carpenter by trade, was revealed as the Son of God upon His resurrection from death. Today, He is Savior to one-third of the earth’s population – and counting (that’s over 2.18 billion people).
What purpose has God placed inside of you that that will drive His Kingdom forward? What dream is unique to you that will make the earth a better place when you see it to fruition? Even when we think we don’t have the time, strength, or resources to complete our goals or projects, God’s word reminds us in Romans 8:28(KJV)-
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose.
And in Philippians 4:13 –
13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Jesus gives us the power to do amazing things, and when we work within His will and for His purpose, we cannot fail. Simply put, if we exist, then we matter: because God made us.
So, go out and live for your purpose. Now is the time for your light to shine! You were born to do the miraculous…so go for it.