These 7 Promises of God Will Bring You Peace
Are you overwhelmed by events in the world, or by your own circumstances? Our Presiding Bishop Charles Edward Blake, Sr. shares 7 promises that God makes to those who seek Him.
“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope…I am the Lord, the God of all the peoples of the world. Is anything too hard for me?” – Jeremiah 29:11, 32:27 (NLT)
The prophet Jeremiah ministered during one of the darkest periods in history. God had become angry with His people. And just as they were dealing with the great distress which had come upon them, the greatest military force of that day launched a deadly attack against them. God had revealed to Jeremiah that, although He had delivered His people many times in the past, this time they were on the verge of being defeated. Their land and their assets were going to eventually be confiscated. The people were going to be made slaves. Many had already been killed; others were facing starvation and great desperation. THESE 7 PROMISES OF GOD WILL BRING YOU PEACE – God can lead you beside springs of water in the midst of the toughest circumstance: if you have faith in Him. GOD’S PROMISE OF PROSPERITY, BLESSINGS, AND PEACE Even in the midst of their overwhelming distress, crisis, and catastrophe, however, God spoke to His people. In the book of Jeremiah, God speaks of the covenant He makes with those who love Him and do His commands. He reveals the promises He keeps to His faithful:
- I WILL SEND YOU A SAVIOR. God says in Jeremiah 30:8-9: “I will break the yoke from their necks and snap their chains. Foreigners will no longer be their masters. For my people will serve the Lord their God and their King descended from David—the King I will raise up for them.”
- I WILL DO GOOD FOR YOU. In Jeremiah 31:9, He says, “I will lead them beside streams of water on a level path where they will not stumble, because I am Israel’s father, and Ephraim is my firstborn son.” And in verses 13 and 14: “I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow. I will satisfy the priests with abundance, and my people will be filled with my bounty.”
- I WILL GIVE YOU MY WISDOM. In Jeremiah 31:33-34, God promises to imbue the people with His wisdom: “I will put my instructions deep within them, and I will write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. And they will not need to teach their neighbors, nor will they need to teach their relatives, saying, ‘You should know the Lord.’ For everyone, from the least to the greatest, will know me already,” says the Lord. “And I will forgive their wickedness, and I will never again remember their sins.” THESE 7 PROMISES OF GOD WILL BRING YOU PEACE – Presiding Bishop Charles E. Blake, Sr. shares his gratitude for his congregation. West Angeles Church, Los Angeles, CA.
- I WILL RESTORE YOU. In Jeremiah 32:37-38, God promises restoration: “I will certainly bring my people back again from all the countries where I will scatter them in my fury. I will bring them back to this very city and let them live in peace and safety. They will be my people, and I will be their God. And in verse 41: “…I will find joy in doing good for them and will faithfully and wholeheartedly replant them in this land.”
- I WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU. Jeremiah 32:39-40 reveals God’s covenant with His people: “And I will give them one heart and one purpose: to worship me forever, for their own good and for the good of all their descendants. And I will make an everlasting covenant with them: I will never stop doing good for them. I will put a desire in their hearts to worship me, and they will never leave me.”
- I WILL HEAL YOU. God speaks of healing, cleansing, and peace in Jeremiah 33:6-8: “…I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security. I will bring Judah and Israel back from captivity and will rebuild them as they were before. I will cleanse them from all the sin they have committed against me and will forgive all their sins of rebellion against me”.
- I WILL PROSPER YOU. “For I will restore the prosperity of this land to what it was in the past,” says the Lord… “This land—though it is now desolate and has no people and animals—will once more have pastures where shepherds can lead their flocks…And as the stars of the sky cannot be counted and the sand on the seashore cannot be measured, so I will multiply the descendants of my servant David and the Levites who minister before me” (Jeremiah 33:11-12, 22).
Time and again, God says, “I will.” Even in the midst of trouble, God’s children receive promises from the Lord.
NOTHING IS TOO HARD FOR GOD
You may be in a terrible predicament today. You’ve got bills, you’ve got creditors, and they’re pressing in on you from every side. It seems as if the demons of hell are bombarding you with temptations; temptations designed to make you a slave and to exile you from everything that’s valuable and important to you. The evil forces of the earth assault you with relentless fury so that your very survival is at stake. In the midst of it all, God seems distant or silent, and it seems as if you can go no further. But through prayer, through praise, through repentance, and through obedience to His word, God will keep His promises to you. I pray today that whatever situation you’re in, you will listen and hear God say, “I WILL.” God has made promises to us that can sustain us in the middle of our distress. If you believe God will keep His promises, give praise to the Lord.
SCRIPTURAL REFERENCES – Jeremiah 29-33, Corinthians 1:20. Adapted from the sermon, “Take Title When You Can’t Take Possession,” by Presiding Bishop Charles E. Blake, Sr., at West Angeles Church of God In Christ.